The computer screen goes black when playing games on windows 10 and the mouse cursor is visible. Try these solutions to fix it, including disabling a program that might be causing the issue.
The “screen goes black but hear game playing in background” is a problem that has been present for a while. Microsoft has released some solutions to fix the issue.
Did your screen go black every time you played a game on Windows 10? A number of customers complain that when they tried to launch a game, the display went black and didn’t declare no signal; the computer was still on and working, but there was no visual or sound. Well, I switched it off with the power button and then on again, and everything was good. It’s usually a driver issue (especially the display driver), an overheating issue, or a GPU that’s beginning to fail. When playing Fortnite, damaged data might potentially cause your monitor screen to go dark.
Well If you’re having a similar problem where your monitor screen goes black every time you start a new game, try the following troubleshooting procedures to resolve the problem:
When playing games on Windows 10, the screen goes black.
Note that the fixes given below are also applicable to previous versions of Windows 7 and 8.1.
- All external devices, such as the printer, scanner, audio connector, external HDD, and others, should be disconnected.
- Disable or remove security software for the time being.
- Check that the HDMI connection between the graphics card and your display monitor is connected properly once again (applicable for Desktop users only)
- Always check the minimal requirements for your game to verify whether your PC’s hardware is up to the task.
Install the most recent Windows 10 updates.
Microsoft provides Windows updates on a regular basis with numerous bug fixes and security enhancements. It’s possible that a pending update is causing the black screen when playing games. This behavior might be caused by the upgrade itself, or it could be caused by obsolete software. Let’s install the most recent Windows update to see whether it contains a bug patch for this issue.
- To launch Settings on your PC, press Windows + I on your keyboard.
- From there click on Update & Security.
- Make sure there are no updates awaiting your approval in Windows Update (found in the left side of the main window).
- To download and install the available updates, click the check for updates button and restart your computer.
- Now try playing your games to see if the black screen issue still exists.
Graphics drivers should be updated.
As previously stated, an outdated graphic driver or a damaged graphics driver file are the most typical causes of a black screen. If this is the case, you may resolve the issue by upgrading your drivers:
- Click OK after pressing Windows + R and typing devmgmt.msc as a keyboard shortcut.
- This will launch Device Manager and provide a list of all the device drivers that have been installed.
- Locate (Expand display driver) your graphic drivers in Device Manage.
- Select ‘update’ from the context menu when you right-click on your drivers.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software, and then follow the on-screen directions to download and install the latest graphics driver from Windows Update (if one is available).
- After you’ve finished, restart your computer.
Reinstall the drivers manually.
Again In some situations, automatically update your graphic drivers still leaves the corrupted files unresolved. Well, for resolving this particular problem, Reinstall the drivers manually. on your PC:
- Select Device Manager by right-clicking on the Windows 10 start menu.
- Expend the display driver, then right-click on the graphic drivers and choose ‘uninstall’ this time.
- To delete the driver entirely, click OK to confirm the same and restart your computer.
- In addition, go to Control Panel, choose Category, and then Uninstall under Programs. Uninstall any apps that are related with your graphics card.
Now go to the official website of the graphics card manufacturer (AMD, Intel, NVIDIA) and download the newest version of the graphics drivers that are compatible with your Windows 10 device, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation. Restart your computer and then attempt to launch the game that is creating the black screen.
Examine Advanced Power Options
Here’s another viable method that will most likely assist in resolving the problem.
- Start by going to the Control Panel. Enter the power choice in the search area and seek for items with the same name.
- Click Change plan settings from your existing Power Plan.
- Next, choose Change advanced power settings from the drop-down menu.
- You must expand the PCI Express from the following window.
- Finally, make sure your computer’s State Power Management is turned off.
Occasionally, system file corruption creates a black screen while using demanding graphics apps such as games, Photoshop, or 3D MAX. We propose using the system file checker program, which discovers and replaces damaged or missing files with the proper ones automatically.
Again, we suggest that you check whether your PC or laptop is overheating, since this might result in a black screen when gaming. Check to see whether your CPU/GPU fans are spinning slowly or aren’t spinning at all.
Watch This Video-
The “screen goes black when playing games android” is a problem that many Android users have experienced. The only solution to the problem is turning off your device’s screen saver, which can be done by going into settings and changing the screen saver option.
- black screen while gaming amd
- screen goes black when playing games nvidia
- screen goes black when opening programs
- why does my phone screen go black when playing games
- black screen when playing games windows 7