This article will discuss what the error message 0xc0000142 means, what causes it, and how to fix it.
The 0xc0000142 windows 7 is a common error that can be fixed by following the steps in this article.
Users on a variety of operating systems, from Windows 8 / 8.1 to Windows 7 and previous versions, are plagued by application error 0xc0000142. Damage to the library files required to run a game or program, or compatibility problems, may cause the startup error 0xc0000142 «the application was unable to start properly 0xc0000142».
How can I repair the 0xc0000142 problem code?
In some instances, the issue may be resolved in a matter of minutes, while in others, it may take an hour or two to get the desired solution for application error 0xc0000142. We’ve put together a comprehensive explanation of how to fix the 0xc0000142 problem so you don’t have to suffer for hours. It’s worth noting that the solutions go from the most basic, effective, and quick at the top of the list to the most complicated at the bottom. If you’re using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 and you’re getting the 0xc0000142 problem while attempting to launch a game or program, consider changing the compatibility settings. This is why:
- Select «Properties» from the context menu when you right-click on the game or program shortcut.
- After that, go to the «Compatibility» tab and choose Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility (SP3).
- Confirm the modifications before attempting to play the game.
Important: If possible, run the game in compatibility mode with Windows 95, XP, Vista, and other operating systems. Everything is extremely personal here; someone will run Windows 95 compatibility mode, someone will run Windows XP Service Pack 3, and so on. Experiment with all of the compatibility choices.
- Start the game as an administrator by pressing RMB on the game’s label and selecting «Run as administrator».
- DirectX and Net Framework should be updated.
- Viruses should be checked on your computer. You may either use a traditional anti-virus or a decent online anti-virus.
- Application error 0xc0000142 is often caused by a lack of a Windows 8/8.1 or Windows update. It is suggested that you install all of the updates in the Windows Update queue and then confirm the installation.
- It’s especially true when it comes to the suggested upgrades. Type “sfc / scannow” into the command prompt that appears when you choose “Run” from the “Start” menu. If you’re playing or working in the program under a user profile, switch to the administrator account. The system will check for different problems in Windows using the «sfc / scannow» command. Small issues, such as application error 0xc0000142, may be fixed.
- If none of the previous suggestions work and you’re still having trouble fixing the 0xc0000142 issue, try deleting all temporary files from the Temp. Address folder: Windows => Temp => C => C => C => C => C => C =>
- The error 0xc0000142 is less frequent, however it may occur when a graphics card driver is out of current – update the NVidia or Radeon driver.
«The program was unable to start properly», says the error message. Reinstalling the game or software may also fix the problem of 0xc0000142» while starting the application. Files may be destroyed as a result of a bad reboot or during the installation process. As a result, when you attempt to launch the game, an error notice appears. The restoration of the system to the point when the mistake was not noticed is the most extreme measure of addressing the issue. However, we are sure that by carefully following each of the steps above, you will be able to resolve the 0xc0000142 problem.
Have you discovered a blunder? Ctrl + Enter will highlight the text.
The ceip.exe application error is a common error that can occur with Windows 10 and other operating systems. There are many causes for the error but there are also some fixes to help fix it.
- outlook error 0xc0000142
- dark souls 3 the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
- 0xc0000142 download
- 0xc0000142 gta v
- crlogtransport. exe application error 0xc0000142